Katie Cooks: Bag Omelet
-Omelet Toppings (to preference)
- Set a pot of water to boil.
- Put at least two raw eggs into a Ziploc bag. Add desired amount of toppings to bag with the eggs. Close the bag. While closing, carefully remove as much air as you can from the bag.
- Once the bag is completely closed, squeeze all the contents until they are all mixed together. Make sure the egg yolk is dispersed throughout.
- Once water is at a boil, gently place the bag into the water. Let it sit in the pot for about 13 minutes.
- Once 13 minutes are up, carefully pull the bag out of the water and let it cool for about 1 minute. Remove your omelet and enjoy!
This recipe is very easy and very fun to make. I love making these omelets when I have people over because they love them and they can be easily made to preference. It’s also very nice because you can make them nearly any size you want by adding more eggs or more toppings (the cooking time would change depending on how much extra “stuff” you add). This is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast, you can also pre-make them for the week. I would usually mix up 5 bags worth of omelets on a Sunday, then throughout the week, in the mornings I would set a pot to boil on the stove, pull one out of the fridge and in 13 quick minutes I would have a delicious breakfast omelet!
(Special thanks to Mrs. Wilson, for the use of her classroom!)