Warming Up to Summer!
“Dear Free Lancer Newspaper,
I am so excited for summer this year, but with COVID-19 I am not sure I will be able to travel. Any suggestions on what to do?”
This summer, many families will not be vacationing due to financial struggles, or just fear of the pandemic. To combat the sadness of not traveling this year, here are some things you can do inexpensively at home to have a great summer!
The first thing you can do is go camping in your backyard. If you have a trampoline, you can make a fort using towels and blankets to camp in there too! Another thing you can do to make your summer fun is to do physical activities!
- Trampoline Camping
- Layout and get a tan
- Head to the Dollar Store to get cheap inflatable balls to have a volleyball match in your yard
- Tye-dye different clothing items
- You can buy cheap plain white clothing articles at the Dollar store and use kool-aid packets, food coloring, or other methods of dying clothes to make fun summer looks. There are so many ways to dye shirts, so with some simple google searches, you can find what method is easiest and available for you.
Another thing you can do this summer is look up new recipes to try! There are tons of easy summer recipes that anyone can make; even if you’re not the best chef.
- Frozen fruit salads
- Homemade banana ice cream
- DIY Rock Candy
- Pasta salads
- Air Fryer burgers
- Sandwich sliders
- Banana bread, muffins, etc.
Rainy Day Activities
This next one might sound more like a chore, but on a rainy day, this would be the perfect time killer. You can rearrange your room and make it feel like a whole new space! Giving your room a makeover by simply changing the position of your bed can make you feel like a whole new person, and who doesn’t love a new look?